In a world that tells us time and time again that the nice guy finishes last while also telling us that "what goes around comes around", one can get confused, and wind up screaming: "Well what is it? Do nice guys finish last or will the bad guy get it?"
This mixed message is just one of the many conflicts one will find as they stroll down this road of life. So how do you do it? How can you fight injustice? Should you just take it and hope that some invisible force called karma will help? Or should you become some jerk and throw fireballs? Or is there another way?
But why Elicia? Why can't it be simple?
Uh, hello, life is not simple....if it was; well I suppose it would be boring...now wouldn't it.
Okay first off let me tell you my little theory on how I come up with answers to my problems. Wait...let me back up:
Some very basic rules in dealing with injustice:
1. Never, never react if you are under the influence of any type of drug...period, I don't care if you are prescribed it...don't react under the influence of drugs...yes this includes alcohol. (This of course does not apply if the situation is a violent one and someones life is in danger.)
2. If you can, sleep on it. Give it one full nights rest.
3. Pretend you are the other person, understand their motive.
4. Never never let them see you cry, scream, or flip out.
5. If it involves your child...all bets are off...give it all, they are a gift from the universe and it is your duty to protect them...no matter what.
Okay, with those basic rules let us move back to a theory I have. Life and time should be seen as a circle
So what does this mean? In the simplest of terms, do not justify your actions by what has happened in the past or the future...justify it on a scale of both before and after.
Now wait a minute Elicia...wait just a minute. That don't make no sense.
Okay, okay, it is a little weird to act based solely on the moment at hand without thinking of both the past and the future... so try it out. When you isolate an action...can you justify it...?
She slashed his tires because he cheated on her. He cheated on her because she slashed her tires. She flunked him because he didn't study. He didn't study because she flunked him.
Round and round and round we go.
Now try this without using an excuse.
He beat her, she left, hide, got family and friend support, got a job, and started a new life. She left, hide, got family and friends to support her, got a new job, and started a new life...he beat her.
Not so good now is it?
Taking the high road is hard. There is no guarantee the other person will suffer for the pain they caused or for their sins, but if life is a circle, you will have never justified their actions. This is my sanctuary. Never allowing the other person a chance to say...but, but, but......they did this to me.
I hope this helps. If you want more info, leave a comment and I would love to discuss this more.